Whenever one hears about a birthday party, so many things flash into mind like balloons, chocolates, candles…. The idea of arranging an Indian birthday party creates a lot of anxiety for parents as there are many things to be considered. Proper planning for the party helps in making it successful. Here we are going to discuss the essential elements of a birthday function.
1) Set your budget: The first and foremost step is to decide on how much you are ready to spend for the party. Usually the Indian first birthdays are celebrated lavishly when compared to other birthdays.
2) Guest List: Based on the first step, decide who all are going to be present in the celebration. Collect the phone numbers or addresses of the invitees. Do not forget your kids’ pals for the party as they are the ones who make your child happy. Plan for the necessary arrangements if the guests invited are from far away places. An Indian birthday party usually has a long guest list
3) Decide the venue: Select a venue for the birthday party that is within your budget and convenient to all your guests. Also it is preferable if it is near to your home as you can keep a watch on the arrangements on the day of the party.
4) Invitations: Select the invitation cards. They can be prepared with cute photos of the birthday kid on them in addition to good matter. These days e-invitations can also be made. You can also stick to calling the guests through phone or visiting their home to reduce the budget and have a personal touch to invitation.
5) Select the cake: Cake is the most essential part of the birthday party. If your kid is old enough, give him/her a chance to select it from the cake album at the bakery. You can later decide the weight of the cake needed depending on the number of guests.
6) Food : Finalize the items for the food that is to be served at the party. Do not forget to include the birthday kid’s favourite dish. Afterall it is his/her big day. Select the resources for serving the food. Arrange for paper plates, cups, disposable glasses, napkins, tissue papers etc., There is a lot of choce for Indian birthday party menu.
7) Entertainment show: Arrange for a program to entertain kids. A professional can be called for performing a magic show or ventriloquism. To reduce the budget, a pre-informed simple fancy dress competition can be arranged which creates a lot of curiousity among children for the party day. For more ideas of entertainment click here.
8)Games at the party: Birthday party games are the heart of the party. Different games can be arranged depending upon the age of the invitee kids and the time available. Here is a good collection of birthday party games.
9) Give away gifts: These are the items which are distributed to children during party. They include birthday caps, chocolates, masks and bubble makers. They bring in the party mood and make the party colorful.
10) Return Gifts and Prizes for game winners: These gifts make the children remember your party for a long time. Click here for more ideas of gifts.
10) Decoration: After deciding the venue, plan for the decoration. This includes balloons, candles, cartoon characters, color papers, and many more. You can leave the job of decorating to a professional. If there are many helpers around you, bring in your creativity and purchase all the necessary items in advance.
11) Photography and video arrangements: Let your child remember your effort for a long time. Make the birthday party memorable by storing it in an album and disc.
12) Music arrangement: Music is the life of any party. Do not forget the happy birthday song. Play the birthday kid’s favourite music.
13) Other arrangements at the venue: Place a good banner/flexi welcoming the guests and wishing happy birthday to the kid. Check the seating arrangement. Arrange for nice table cloth for the table on which cake is going to be cut, as this catches everyone’s attention.Check the arrangements needed for games. Arrange for trash bags or dustbins especially if your home is the venue. It is really going to be a mess after the party.
14) Child safety measures: Make the place child proof. If the venue is your home, keep the delicate things away from the reach of small kids.
15) Prepare the kid for the birthday in advance. Let him/her have a nap before the event. Relax and have fun!!!
You are welcome to share your ideas and experiences below.